Toddler Moms: Tips for Sleeping On The Go
As a toddler mom, our schedules are often beholden to our little one’s sleep schedule. While we can often stretch wake windows one way or another a little easier once they’ve become a toddler, it can still lead to some issues when traveling or on the go. If you’re a toddler mom and need some tips for having your little one sleep comfortably on the go, this article is for you. Keep reading for our best toddler sleep tips, as well as one surprising product that can help make it easier.
Make Plans Accordingly
Preparation is key when it comes to making sure your toddler sleeps comfortably while traveling or in a new place. The same goes for us when we travel—we need to bring all of our essentials, toiletries, favorite pajamas, eye mask, and much more. Some of the plans you might want to make ahead of time include:
- Prepare for a bumpy first night. Usually, the first nap and/or first night’s sleep can be a little rough for your little one as they adjust to the new space they are in. It might help to get to your new location as early as possible before their next scheduled sleep so that they can get used to the room and area they will be in. Even then, it can still be rough, so don’t make any big plans for that first night and prepare for a long wind-down time.
- Keep a familiar routine. Traveling and being in a new place is already bringing about tons of uncertainty for our little ones, so keep up with their familiar bedtime routine as best as you can.
- Save stimulating things for the end of the night. Stretching their last wake window, bringing out some new toys, or going out and playing should be saved for near the end of the night to ensure they’re nice and tired for bedtime.
Bring Some Essentials
As a mom, you are not unfamiliar with how much you need to pack for your child, even if it’s just them joining you on a quick errand! The same obviously goes for traveling, but there are certain essentials you may need to bring with you to ensure their comfort while traveling.
- Bring a blackout blanket. Many hotels or AirBnBs do not offer blackout curtains, so bring your own heavy blanket to put over the window to ensure the room is nice and dark for naptime and bedtime.
- Bring a sound machine, even if they don’t use one anymore. Unfamiliar sounds can be scary for a toddler, so bring along a white noise or sound machine to help drown all that stuff out.
Make it Special
Prepare them for the big trip as much as possible by making it special, not stressful! Here are some tips to helping make it special for them to make them as excited as possible:
- Have them help you pack. Wondering what stuffed animals, blankeys, or other comforts your little one might need while you’re gone? Ask them! Have them help you physically pack it all in a special suitcase to make the experience more fun.
- Tell them all about where they’re going, and include photos. Going on a road trip to Grandma and Grandpa’s? Staycation at the beach? Disneyland vacation? Teach your little one all about where they are going and show them as many pictures as possible to not only make it special but familiar once they arrive.
- Bring along new, exciting things for the trip. Buy your little one a brand new set of pajamas or a new sleeping bag to use while on the road. Get them excited about it by having them pick it out and pack it before you go!
These adorable sleeping bags are designed to look like your child’s favorite Milo&Gabby animal characters, with useful details such as a removable duvet insert, detachable pillow and blanket, and a handy storage bag!
Made from 100% Cotton Sateen with a 320 thread count, our sleeping bags are lightweight and silky smooth to the touch. Perfectly sized just for toddlers, our napmat measures 31.5" W x 55" L and conveniently folds up and stores compactly in a zippered travel bag.
Kids love taking their favorite Milo&Gabby friends with them to preschool, daycare, and for overnight trips to their grandparents! Additional features include a sewn-in name tag that can be customized with your child's name and plush details (perfect for cuddling with). The best part for parents? The nap mat is machine washable!
- HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS - Made from 100% cotton with a 320 thread count, our nap mat is soft to the touch and silky smooth. We've also included a hypoallergenic pillow complete with silver-embedded microfibers that are naturally breathable and antibacterial.
- ATTENTION TO DETAILS - With features such as a removable duvet insert, detachable pillow, and adorable plush finishings, the Milo&Gabby nap mat is a step above the competition. Our nap mat is breathable, lightweight, and designed to last.
- EASY TO WASH - With features like a removable blanket and a removable pillow, our Nap Mat is super simple to clean. Simply remove the pillow insert from the case, and toss the nap mat into the washing machine. Machine wash cold, gentle cycle. Hang to dry.
- STORAGE BAG INCLUDED - Our portable Milo&Gabby Nap Mats each come with a handy storage bag that makes trips to Grandma's house, preschool, and sleepovers easy and helps keep your Nap Mat clean. Bag measures 21.7" x 13.8".
- ADORABLE ANIMAL DESIGNS - Choose from our full line of charming Milo&Gabby animal characters: Duke the Duck, Dylan the Dinosaur, Lola the Bunny, Lucy the Squirrel, and Tom the Tiger. Our full line of Milo&Gabby pillows, blankets, backpacks, and more
For more parenting tips and amazing family products, visit us at innobaby.com!