The Best Utensils For Your Baby and Toddler
Whether your baby is starting to transition to solids or your toddler is ready to start self-feeding with utensils, you want to make sure you’re getting the right utensils for your child. Not all baby and toddler utensils are created equal, so it is important to know what to look for. This week, we are breaking down exactly what to look for when it comes to dining utensils, as well as four of our top picks for the best utensils for your baby and toddler!
What to Look For in Baby and Toddler Utensils
While you’re on the prowl for the perfect baby and toddler utensils, keep this checklist in mind:
- Age-appropriate. It is important to make sure that your utensils are meant for your child’s age. A teething five-month-old should not use the same utensils as their five-year-old sibling. Your baby needs to have something soft that won’t hurt their gums, and your toddler needs something to withstand those chompers.
- Thoughtful design. The utensils you use are not safe enough for your child. You want to make sure that the utensils are proportioned for your baby’s mouth and hands, as well as designed to be gripped and handled easily enough for a small toddler.
- Durable. Babies and toddlers are ruthless—as you are well aware, everything that gets in their hands goes through the wringer! This means you do not want utensils that can easily break, snap, or come apart. This can cause a dangerous situation. You also want to make sure that you do not purchase utensils that absorb, harbor odors, rust, or corrode. Materials such as silicone and food-grade stainless steel are perfect go-to’s.
- Comes with a carrying case. The ability to take your utensils on the go is essential, and the last thing you want is to have a messy diaper bag or lunchbox containing the aftermath of lunch or dinner. Find utensils that come with their own carrying cause to ensure cleanliness on both the utensils and your bags.
- Toxin-free. Plastic is infamous for having dangerous chemicals, such as BPA, phthalate, PVC, and lead. This means that you do not want your utensils to have plastic on them—at least for the part that goes in their mouth. Plastic can also absorb bacteria, odors, and colors, so look for materials such as silicone or stainless steel for a safe, non-toxic option.
- Makes eating fun. If your child is a picky eater, one way to liven things up is to give them fun utensils that are stimulating to look at and easy to use. The quicker they are able to get the hang of them, the more they will enjoy eating!
The Best Utensils for Babies and Toddlers
Whether you are feeding baby, or they have begun to self-feed, our Silicone Baby Spoon is sized just right for baby's mouth. The unique flat edge design makes it easier to scoop food from jars or bowls and helps to eliminate unwanted mess. Perfect for introducing new foods, the soft and flexible silicone is super gentle on sore gums.
Bonus: our spoon comes with a handy storage case for travel! Our silicone baby spoons are made of 100% silicone and are completely safe and toxin-free for your baby. The dishwasher-safe silicone is extremely durable and will never melt in the dishwasher.
Innobaby's Din Din SMART Utensil Setand case are perfect for school lunch boxes or any time your kids have a meal on the go! The convenient storage case keeps the utensils separate from other items in your bag or lunchbox, preventing the mess from dirty forks and spoons.
Sized just right for kids, our cutlery set is perfect for children transitioning from toddler utensils to larger-sized cutlery (just like mom and dad's!). Made from high quality, type 304, food-grade stainless steel, these utensils are dishwasher-safe and made in South Korea. Safety tested to the highest quality standards, our dining sets are BPA-free, phthalate-free, PVC free, and lead-free.
Innobaby's Din Din SMART Utensil Setis perfect for school lunch boxes or any time your kids have a meal on the go! Sized just right for kids, our cutlery set is perfect for children transitioning from toddler utensils to larger-sized cutlery (just like mom and dad's!).
Made in three different bright and fun colors, your children will love having a utensil set of their very own. They’re free of dangerous toxins such as BPA, phthalate, PVC, and lead, and are lovingly made in South Korea. Perfect for kiddos aged three and up, they’re going to be your child’s new favorites.
Our Flexware Spoon & Fork Set pairs perfectly with the rest of the Flexware dining sets and is also perfect on its own in your kitchen drawer. The groove was thoughtfully designed for an easy grip on small hands and is easy to clean in the dishwasher. The FlexWare Spoon and Fork promote self-feeding and have a hole in the top for fun Flexcharms (sold separately). If your child is a picky eater or is a sucker for a fun fidget toy, they will absolutely love this set!
For more parenting tips and safe products for your entire family, visit us at innobaby.com!