Photo: © via canva.com
4 Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day with Kids
Valentine’s Day is known for showing your appreciation and romantic side to your partner or spouse. However, kids want to be part of the fun, too! Making Valentine’s for friends at school is fun, but what they really want for Valentine’s Day is recognition from the people they love the most—their family! If you’re looking for fun ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your little ones, look no further. Keep reading for our top 4 favorite ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your little one and the products you need to make it happen.
You don’t need to buy your kids an extravagant present or worry about too much candy and sugar with a heart-shaped box of chocolates. In fact, the thing they will love the most is something you spend time on that they can keep forever! You don’t need to worry about busting out the glue sticks or glitter, either. Here are a few fun crafts you can make that they will remember for the rest of their lives:
- Heart-shaped notes. Grab a piece of paper, cut it into a heart shape, and write a few sentences about how much you love your little one! Bonus points if you put it out in the morning in a special way or sneak it into their Flexbox to surprise them at lunchtime!
- Homemade cookies. “My mom made me fresh, homemade, heart-shaped cookies every Valentine’s Day!” is a sentence your little one can someday say. Cookies are always a fun tradition for any holiday—and they are even better if you make them together.
- Picking flowers. Rather than picking up a bouquet of flowers at your local grocery store, why not pick some in your neighborhood?
One-On-One Date of Their Choice
As you know, kiddos love nothing more than spending some quality time with their favorite people: their parents! A great way to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your little one is to spend the day with them, doing whatever they would like to do. If you have more than one kid, give them each a voucher to cash in whenever they’d like.
Here are some great one-on-one date ideas you can suggest to your littles to choose from:
- Eat out together at a restaurant
- Go shopping together for a new toy
- A trip to the arcade or other type of family fun center
- Solo park trip
Valentine’s Day is meant to be spent with your spouse, but if you’re not into finding a sitter and going to an overcrowded restaurant this year, spend the night in and make it a fun family night! Or, if heading out on Valentine’s Day is your thing, you can pick a night on the weekend to celebrate with the kids. Some ideas for a family night in include:
- Grabbing some Valentine’s Day-themed plates and napkins for dinner
- Watching a Valentine’s Day-themed movie such as Aladdin, Up, the Peanuts Valentine’s Day Movie, or the Pooh Bear Valentine’s Day movie
- Order, or cook, a special dinner (bonus points if it’s in a heart shape!)
- Wearing only red or pink for the evening
- Giving a treat or FlexCharm for every compliment or helpful act they perform that day, without being told to do so
Make a Special Meal or School Lunch
If the way to your child’s heart is their stomach (and we’re going to guess that it is!), then they will love nothing more than a super special meal or school lunch for Valentine’s Day! If you’re not usually the one to go all-out on an Insta-worthy lunchbox, Valentine’s Day is the one day of the year when it is super easy to pull off.
Valentine’s Day Lunchbox Recipe Ideas
- Shape it like a heart! Don’t have the time or energy to put into a full-scale Valentine’s Day lunch? We get it! Make them what you would normally make them, but make it heart-shaped! Heart-shaped cutters are easy to find on Amazon, and there’s plenty of time to order one to ensure a super cute heart-shaped sandwich that will put a smile all over their face.
- Bring out the food dye! How fun would it be to open your lunchbox and see everything looking red and pink? Your child will be delighted by their Valentine’s Day lunch, and all you have to do is add a few drops of food coloring to their lunch.
- Slip in some sweets! Aside from Halloween, Valentine’s Day is one of the most popular days of the year to indulge in some sweet treats. Grab some Valentine’s candy from the store to pop in, or make them some heart-shaped cookies, chocolates, or gummies!
- Decorate their lunchbox! FlexCharmz makes it so easy to dress up their lunchbox for Valentine’s Day. Pop on some cute heart-shaped FlexCharmz to their FlexBox for a super cute Valentine’s Day surprise!
The perfect way to pack up your kiddo’s Valentine’s Day-themed lunch so that it is still warm, looks adorable, and is easy to use is with our Flexnlock FlexBox Set!
Here’s where parents will fall in love with it: The Flexnlock FlexBox Set is perfectly leak-proof without a rubber seal! The FlexPlate inside the box is made with platinum material, and FlexBox is made with ABS for long-lasting. Those are specially designed to work together to form a leak-proof seal without the need for a nasty rubber gasket.
Everything is super easy to clean and detachable when you wash it, which ensures you’ll make your Valentine’s Day dinner plans with no problem. Flexnlock Kids have practical use and fun at the same time! Watch your kids, even the pickiest eaters, finish their healthy meals by making their lunchtime fun, thanks to the interactive FlexCharms that will keep them entertained! Reward your healthy eaters with their favorite charms!
For more fun parenting ideas and other safe products your whole family will love, visit us at innobaby.com!