Photo: © via canva.com
Easy Lunchbox Recipes & The Best Lunchbox For To-Go Meals
Ah, the neverending struggle of what to pack for lunch for your kids continues. Making sure it's healthy, but also filling and delicious, can be difficult considering your child’s particular needs and tastes. Luckily, we have rounded up a few of the most insanely easy (and delicious) recipes that we could possibly find to help make your week go a little bit easier. Keep reading to see our easy lunchbox recipes and the best lunchbox to put them in.
Tips for Packing School Lunches
The only thing harder than figuring out what to pack your kids for lunch is actually doing it. We’ve rounded up a few tips for packing school lunches to get you in a good routine:
- Pick a time and stick to it. Is your morning usually pretty busy? Make sure you pack lunches the night before and do it while you’re still busy in the kitchen. We all know that it becomes much harder to do once you have already popped on the couch to binge some Netflix before bed!
- Get your kids to help. Have your kids pick a few things they want in their lunch so they can help bag them or make them. Have them pick out their FlexCharms for the next day if they’re still too little to work in the kitchen.
- Make extra dinner. Utilizing leftovers makes packing lunches so much easier. Make extra servings of dinner to keep for lunch the next day, especially if it’s stuff like pasta, pizza, or cooked meats.
- Plan it out. Packing lunches run so much smoother if you’re able to plan it out for the week ahead. This way, you’re not scrambling for the last GoGurt at the bottom of your fridge drawer at 7 am while rushing to get out the door.
- Get some handy supplies. Some great supplies that help not only make packing easier, but will make lunch more interesting for your kids, include reusable dip containers, sandwich shape cutters, reusable skewers, silicone muffin liners, and a silicone lunchbox with deep compartments that is easy to clean (check out our FlexNLock lunchbox set!).
Easy Lunchbox Recipes to Try This Week
- Main Course: Grab those reusable skewers and pop on some deli turkey slices, cheese squares, and salami to make some adorable charcuterie sticks
- Veggies: Carrot sticks with a side of ranch in a reusable dip container
- Sweet: Pop in some berries to compliment the charcuterie sticks or even a little packet of honey
Super Quick In A Hurry, But Delicious, Sandwich
- Main Course: Cream cheese sandwich with honey drizzle, cut into a cute shape with your sandwich shape cutters
- Veggies: Carrot sticks and baby tomatoes with a side of ranch in a reusable dip container
- Sweet: Cut some grapes to help liven the cream cheese sandwich, and throw in a pack of trail mix for extra protein
Burrito and More
- Main Course: Healthy bean and cheese burrito with a side of guacamole in a reusable dip container. TIP: Wrap the burrito in foil to keep its shape and prevent a mess, and make it even easier on yourself by purchasing a healthy frozen option
- Veggies: Corn
- Sweet: Watermelon
- Extra: Toss in some chips to help finish that side of guacamole
Quick & Easy Quesadilla
- Main Course: Easy cheese quesadilla (toss in some cooked meat if you have any) with a side of sour cream and/or guacamole in a reusable dip container
- Veggies: Baby carrots
- Sweet: Sliced apples
- Extra: For extra protein, add in a bag of nuts or trail mix
Meatballs with Dipping Sauce
- Main Course: Meatballs with marinara dipping sauce in a reusable dip container. TIP: Prepare fresh the night before and freeze for future use, or purchase a healthy frozen option to make it even easier
- Veggies: Baby carrots or a mini ear of corn on the cob
- Sweet: Pop some berries on a reusable skewer
- Extra: Add in some pieces of naked tortellini or gnocchi to also dip in the marinara sauce
One of the most important parts of packing a great lunch for your kids is having a great lunchbox to put it all in. Easy to clean? Check. Naturally mold-resistant? Check. Fun for kids? Check!
The FLEX & LOCK Kids Lunchbox is perfectly leak-proof without a rubber seal. Inside, the FlexPlate is made with platinum material and the FlexBox exterior is made with ABS, designed to be long-lasting. Together, they are specially designed to work as a leak-proof seal without the need for a rubber gasket, which infamously harbors dangerous mold and bacteria.
FlexBoard, FlexCharms, and the FlexPlate silicone tray are all included with FlexBox. EVERYTHING is super easy to clean, and detachable when you wash it as well as easy to assemble. FLEX & LOCK Kids have not only practical use but are fun at the same time! FLEX & LOCK will offer a new experience of lunchbox for family members that only FLEX & LOCK can do. Enjoy leak-proof protection without the need for rubber seals, thanks to a 2-in-1 silicone plate that doubles as a leakproof seal. Join our mission to create a worry-free & sensible lunchbox that does not mold or leak, and encourages healthy & waste-free meals. A Win-Win for parents & kids!
For more parenting hacks and great products for your family, head on over to innobaby.com!