Photo: © via canva.com
Why You Need a Silicone Lunchbox
There are so many things to avoid when looking for a lunchbox, it can be difficult to zone in on what you need to actually look for. First of all, you want a lunchbox that your kid will love. Let’s face it, they only go for the looks of it, and it’s got to be cute and stimulating. Second, you want one that is easy to use for both you and your child. Finally, you want one that is made of safe materials that won’t leak. All of these are reasons you need a silicone lunchbox. Keep reading for reasons why a silicone lunchbox is your best bet, plus our awesome award-winning pick.
Silicone is Mold and Mildew Resistant
Silicone is a synthetic material, meaning it is totally lab-made. It consists of:
As a lab-made material, it has long been used to protect against moisture, which is where mold and mildew thrive. Think of silicone caulking and other materials used in places like bathrooms or saunas, as well as kitchen and cooking material. It is so ideal because silicone is waterproof, doesn’t absorb, doesn’t crack or shrink, is flexible, and is very durable. So durable, in fact, that it can last for decades with regular cleaning. All of this adds up to a great reason why you need a silicone lunchbox!
Silcone is Free of Toxins
Silicone is considered chemically stable. This means it has the ability to resist corrosion under specific environmental conditions. It is also the tendency of a material to resist change or decomposition due to internal reaction, or due to the action of air, heat, light, pressure, etc. (source: https://www.corrosionpedia.com/definition/258/che... It also means that it is considered toxin-free.
Some of the shocking toxins that are commonly found in lunchboxes include:
- Heavy metals. Some of the heavy metals that are detected in lunchboxes, especially in the inner and outer linings, include Lead, Arsenic, Chromium, Zinc, Nickel, Iron, and Titanium. These can all lead to medical issues, either immediately or later in life.
- PVC. This is one of the most widely-used forms of plastic. Chances are pretty great that you’ve already got PVC around your house. However, when it comes to food handling, you want to avoid it. PVC contains dangerous chemical additives including phthalates, lead, cadmium, and/or organotins, which can be toxic to your child's health. (source: https://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/opmrdd/heal...
- BPA. This is a chemical commonly used in plastics. Exposure to BPA is a concern because of the possible health effects on the brain and prostate gland of fetuses, infants and children. It can also affect children's behavior. Additional research suggests a possible link between BPA and increased blood pressure, type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. (source: https://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/opmrdd/heal...
- Phthalate. This is a group of chemicals, also used in plastics, which helps make them more durable. It has been linked to ADHD-like behaviors, aggression, depression, a lower IQ, and autism in children. (source: https://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/opmrdd/heal...
Silicone is Easy to Clean and Cook With
Since silicone is toxin-free, does not absorb, and is chemically stable, this makes it an ideal material to cook with. It can withstand very high temperatures, so baking with it is no problem at all—you won’t have to worry about melting. In addition, it can live happily in the freezer, making it great for summer treats or material for teething toys.
It is also super easy to clean, which is the biggest plus for you as a parent. Thanks to its ability to withstand temperatures, you can throw it in the dishwasher or boil it for a good, deep clean. You also don’t have to worry about meticulously cleaning that dirty, moldy, little leak-proof gasket that is infamous in lunchboxes.
The Best Silicone Lunchbox
A mold and mildew-resistant lunchbox made toxin-free that is easy to clean and cook with does exist! FLEX & LOCK Kids is the perfect lunchbox you need for your family. Leak-proof without a rubber seal, FlexPlate is made with platinum material and FlexBox is made with ABS for long-lasting. And, your kid will love it too! The FlexBoard is great for decorating with FlexCharms! EVERYTHING is super easy to clean, and detachable when you wash it, then easy to assemble back again.
The Best Silicone Lunchbox
- CLEAN LID DESIGN: Super easy to clean! Simply remove the silicone FlexPlate™ and wash it! No special brushing or scrubbing is needed to prevent mold growth.
- LEAK PROOF & AIR TIGHT: FlexPlate™ and FlexBox™ are specially designed to work together to leak-proof seal without the need for a rubber gasket.
- PLATINUM SILICONE: Pure & eco friendly
- TOXIC-FREE: BPA, PVC, Phthalates free
- HYPO-ALLERGENIC: No plasticizer
- MICROWAVABLE: Simply remove the and reheat - FlexPlate™ safe to microwave.
- OVEN SAFE: FlexPlate™ is made with heat-resistant & BPA Free platinum grade silicone-safe for oven use. DISHWASHER SAFER: Wash FlexPlate™ in the dishwasher for a quick & easy clean-dries quickly too!
- FOR HOME & ON-THE-GO: Use FlexPlate™ to serve healthy meals or prep & pack lunch-perfect for mealtime & lunchtime!
For more safe, toxin-free, easy-to-clean products for your growing family, check out innobaby.com!