Photo: © via canva.com
Mother's Day is such an exciting day. Moms are so important, and the most fun part is that they come in so many different shapes, sizes, ages, and even versions! Some of us have moms, some have aunts or sisters or grandmas that stepped up to fill those shoes. Some of us have dads who play the vital role, too. But the most important thing is to say that moms in any form are so, SO important, and they deserve to be celebrated. That's why WE love Mother's Day at innobaby. It gives us a chance to show you the love you deserve.
You are among royalty, amazing athletes, famous musicians, actors, and philanthropists. Ruth Bader Guinsburg is a mom. That's amazing. Women are so, so amazing, and you should be proud of the mothers that you are!
A list of some super cool moms:
- Tammy Duckworth. A senator from Illinois who made history by being the first sitting senator to have a baby, and then she brought her to the floor to vote. And she even got her a little coat to follow the dress code. An inspiration to working moms everywhere!
- Serena Williams. Famous tennis player. She won the Australian open while she was pregnant. Ummm hello, how amazing are women?! Even her husband talks about how amazing she is constantly. What a positive role model for your littles!
- Gal Gadot. (Did you seriously think we wouldn't bring up Wonder Woman?) She filmed the reshoots for this intensely physical movie while she was five months pregnant - not to mention the fact that she already had a child! I'm overwhelmed with the awesomeness.
- Marie Curie. The first woman to win the Nobel Prize while being a single mom. Please tell me that isn't the coolest thing ever. One of the smartest scientists ever got to witness her own daughter ALSO WIN A NOBEL PRIZE. Talk about a great mom!
- Amal Clooney. Amazing barrister who fights for international human rights cases. She is intelligent, hardworking, and had twins while she still worked. She's proof that you can do amazing good in the world and also be a mom.
Okay, those were the first ones I came up with. But then a quick Google search produced this article that blew me away. Everyone should have to read this: this list isn't just actors and actresses. It proves that there have been, still are, and always will be amazing moms who are also amazing women, and they do not have to be mutually exclusive.
If you want a little dose of honesty, waking up and taking care of your littles puts you on this list. The only reason you're not on that list is because you're not super famous (but if you are, call us - we totally want to be your friends!), but that does NOT mean you are the biggest superhero ever. Moms keep coming back when the deck is stacked against them, and they never surrender.
You deserve a standing ovation for that. You deserve to be thanked every single day, not just on Mother's Day. And even if you aren't, this is your reminder that we love you and that you are, in fact, a hero, always. Bad days, good days, days that the McDonalds drive-thru is easier than an all organic protein rich salad, nights that require an extra glass of wine and a good cry over a Reese Witherspoon rom-com: you are always the hero.