Photo: © via canva.com
Back to School for Picky Eaters
Do you have a picky eater on your hands? Making lunch healthy, fun, interesting, and delicious for your children—all at the same time—is a challenge for many parents, but especially those who have picky eaters. If you’re worried about how you’re going to manage to send food along with your picky eater to school this year, we’ve got you covered. Keep reading to learn some great picky eater tips, plus the three products you’ll want to get your hands on to help you out (plus, they’re on sale this week!)
Worried About Your Picky Eater?
Wish you could create a beautiful Instagram-worthy lunchbox masterpiece for your toddler? Embarrassed to put chicken nuggets in their lunchbox three times a week? You’re not alone. Having a picky eater can be tough on parents, and especially tough when you’re packing their lunch and snacks for school. Here are some tips:
- Don’t stress. Ha! Easier said than done, right? But seriously, don’t stress about it! Just pack the food you know they will love, and they will be as happy as can be.
- Introduce a new item. Add in a small amount of something new to their lunchbox every now and then to see if it comes back home or not. Sometimes, kids are more likely to try new foods while they’re at school rather than at home.
- Get your toddler involved. Have your kiddo help you cook, prepare, and pack their lunch so that they can feel more excited when they open it up at lunchtime.
- Reward them. If they bring home an empty lunchbox or try something new that day, give them a reward! We recommend FlexCharmz, a simple (and collectible) non-food reward they can pop right on top of their FlexBox!
Some simple recipes you can make to jazz up their current rotation include:
- Charcuterie box filled with cheeses, crackers, a fruit option, and salami
- Use a bagel as the bread for their sandwich
- Surprise them with breakfast for lunch, including pancakes, fruit, yogurt, and granola
- Cut their food into fun shapes
- Give them deconstructed pasta so that they can have fun mixing the sauce and toppings at school
Products You Need to Add to Cart
As a picky eater parent, you know that your kiddo likes things a certain way. If you’re worried about how to pack their favorite warm or cold dish and make it last until lunchtime, we’ve got everything you need. Plus, sometimes, the key to unlocking a picky eater’s potential is to give them new tools to use, so these products could be just the thing to help them eat more. Either way, we’ve got your full list here, and it’s all going to be on sale this week!
FLEX&LOCK KIDS FlexBox Set
Perfectly portioned, perfectly separated, and perfectly leak-proof!
FlexNLockis a toddler parent’s dream! Leakproof without the need for a nasty seal, this silicone lunchbox is super easy to clean, cook with, and use! Available in 3 fun colors, your little one will have a blast eating all their favorite foods (and maybe some new ones) while they are at school. FlexNLock is super durable, too; it can survive drops, throws, or kicks on the playground all school year long. It’s made with platinum silicone, which is even better than food-grade silicone, it’s BPA-free, it’s oven/microwave/freezer/dishwasher safe, and is super easy for both parents and kids to use.
Aquaheat Lunchbag with Aquaheat Cool Pack
Worried about keeping your little’s food at the right temperature till lunchtime? Yes, their favorite soup, pasta, yogurt, or drink can stay warm or cool for hours!
Innobaby’s Aquaheat Insulated Neoprene Lunch Bag keeps food warm or cool for snacks or meals on the go! It keeps food insulated for 4-5 hours (depending on external temperatures). It is lightweight and waterproof, which makes it the perfect way to carry snacks and meals for anyone in the family.
It comfortably fits the Aquaheat Mega food container, so there’s no need to worry that you can carry everything you’ll need. You can store your hot and warm packs so you can heat your food up when you’re ready, or use the cool packs to keep food or milk stored safely. BPA-, phthalate-, PVC-, and lead-free, this bag is great for parents, too!
Kinderspel Insulated Backpack
This insulated backpack is a must-have for EVERY toddler mom!
Our All-in-One Backpacks are perfect for kids on the go. This adorable toddler backpack is fully insulated and doubles as a lunch bag to keep food and drinks fresher for longer. With fully adjustable shoulder straps and an additional Velcro chest strap that snaps across your child’s chest to help keep the backpack securely in place.
Kids love carrying around their favorite toys and snacks (just like a big kid), and parents love the removable tether option to keep independent kids close. Fashionable and functional, our All-in-One Toddler Backpack is available in an array of adorable designs you and your kids will love. A detachable safety strap is also included. It’s super easy to wipe clean from any spills and will fit your little kiddo’s shoulders just right!
Want more picky eater tips or safe, high-quality products for the whole family? Visit us at innobaby.com!